Monday, April 13, 2009

The future freaks me out

Lately, I have been thinking about my life outside of the next day, week or month. Being in the newspaper business, I know that this particular ride can only last so long.

So what is my next career or backup plan or whatever I decide to call the ensuing phase of my work schedule? I was reading the Parade insert out of the sunday paper and saw that speech therapists make decent money and it sounds like something I would be interested in doing. I would like to be in a line of work where I am making a positive impact every day on people. Either by helping them rebuild their lives or even achieve their dreams.

It's not that I just want to help people so I can feel good about myself. I just know I am lucky to be where I'm at, even though it's not that high on the food chain and would like to pay it back or forward. It all depends what angle one sees the object from, I suppose.

I tried to lay down for sleep around 3 but it was warm in my room even with the ceiling fan on at full blast. So I figured it I were going to be awake anyhow, I may as well turn the air on for a half hour and write. Then shut the air off, go to bed and fall asleep before it gets warm again. When I am warm, I sometimes get itchy and this is one of those night.

Regardless of my relationship status, I think I am going to try to go to Atlanta this summer. From what I hear, it is just a cool place and I really, really want to see the Georgia State Aquarium, which is arguably the largest one in the world, I thought I heard. Also, the zoo in Atlanta is supposed to be good along with the World of Coca-Cola, CNN tour and the nightlife is also good, says my sources, who only agreed to speak to me on conditions of anonymity.

My goal is to be back in a collegiate classroom by August. I could see myself being a teacher or a speech therapist. Or maybe just the rapist.

Right now, I definitely feel as if I'm getting a dose of my own medicine.

No comments: