Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Keep on keepin' on!

Here are some housekeeping items, so naturally they will be put in as numbered notes:

1. I feel like I am ready to move on to the next set of challenges in my life. Exactly what those entail, I do not know at the moment. But it kind of dawned on me today while I was covering boys weightlifting.

Outwardly, my job is a piece of cake at times, others it can be kind of hellacious. I am thankful to have a job in the current climate (which I believe is set at about 87 below celsius), but sometimes I ask myself what am I doing? I've already come to the conclusion that I will not be a writer for the next 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years of my life, yet I suppose I haven't been extremely proactive.

I think (besides the hours) my job gives me too much flexibility and enough fun to keep me from pursuing something more worthwhile or fulfilling. Honestly, I can say I love Citrus County and am entirely grateful to Gerry Mulligan and Andy Marks for even giving me a chance to work here full-time in a permanent capacity. I know nothing is permanent but I worked here in a temporary full-time capacity for about 3 months about 18 months before I got hired for good in September 2005.

2. This weekend, I (hopefully) get to hang out with my friend Ryan in Orlando. I now say hopefully because he had an unexpected snafu in a year-end project he needs to complete in order to graduate and live a happy life. I am trying to remain selfless but it would be a bit of a disappointment because I'm looking forward to hanging with Ryan.

3. Although I've tried to tell people I think I would like to be single for the time being, it hasn't stopped them with thinking of people to set me up with. The best one I have to say is from my cousin Andrew. A friend of his has a friend (great) who he described as 29 years old, single, hot and fun. The only problem is her name, which is the same as a friend of my ex-girlfriend's daughter. I swear life is hilarious. Just when you think you've heard or seen it all, you quickly get put back in your place.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Don't you ever cuss at me! Who do you think you are?!