Saturday, April 11, 2009

Learning self control has never been so easy

I'm trying not to be the gluttonous pig I've been in the past. Today for instance, I had waffles, a yogurt and a small glass of orange juice for lunch and then a ham sandwich, chips and a gatorade for dinner. Oh, and M&M's. I know that still sounds bad but I'm changing my habits a little bit at a time and I don't feel as weighted down as I usually would eating a lot of meat and drinking soda or beer.

Anyhow, trying to make changes or exhibiting self control is difficult in any facet of life when you've been living a certain way for a while. Sometimes a person will ask you to do something that is very hard but you know that it would be for the best, so you try even though your urges tell you to do the exact opposite.

For people like me, however, I try to control myself but actively search for loopholes, hopefully not pissing the person off in the process. Or asininely activating assimilation in alliteration. But you get my point.

My mom announced that she didn't feel like cooking this year, so we are going to Cody's for dinner before I have to go to work. Yes, I am working Easter Sunday. The other thing I don't understand is that Christmas is a paid holiday but Easter is not? Wow, I guess Landmark believes is Jesus' birth but are still skeptical about the whole resurrection part of the ordeal.

I am working through Tuesday and then (somehow) I have five days off in a row, including my sister's wedding this coming Saturday.

I would really like to go to a concert soon. As a matter of fact, Fall Out Boy is playing at UCF with special guest 50 Cent. The tickets are in the neighborhood of $25-30 and it is in the outskirts of what most people would consider Orlando. I'm going to call up my homeboy Ryan and see if he'd be down for going, especially since he lives about a mile from the arena.

For the record, I am done with work after an early deadline and am heading to my buddy Andy's house to go watch a boxing match. Peace.

No comments: