Monday, April 13, 2009

Who are you trying to fool?

So one of the more frustrating aspects of life, I am finding out, is attempting to set up a doctor's appointment.

I called three different places and I guess none of them have receptionists because I got each one's answering machine. I only left a message with one and I know doctors are usually busy, so I wasn't expecting to talk to him/her over the phone in the middle of the day.

I just couldn't fall asleep last night. I didn't end up nodding off until 5 or 5:30 in the morning and I didn't wake up until like 10 minutes to 2, which immediately put me in somewhat of a foul mood. I got my pre-work internet stuff done and then showered and headed to work.

Before I left my house, I found out that Harry Kalas passed away. For those of you who don't know Mr. Kalas, we was the voice of the Philadelphia Phillies and had just began his 38th season in the booth. If you've ever had the pleasure of listening to Kalas yell "Outta Here!" after a home run, you would understand why today is a sad day. That is a part of life that I will never get used to dealing with. It's not like I feel a family member passed away today, yet this guy was an institution in my life. I'll never be able to watch or listen to the Phillies without thinking about Kalas. He is all I know as a broadcaster for one of my favorite teams.

I guess I am happy that he got to see the Phillies win another World Series before he left.

On another note, I would like to regain my candidness soon. Without it, I feel toothless. However, I feel at the point in my life that I have a stupid mouth that says stupid things at the worst times. Finding a balance should be interesting and ultimately rewarding.

It is difficult to watch someone you care about live their life seemingly happily without you. Not to be selfish in that sense because I wish the people I care about happiness and even like to be a part of it when I can. Yet what if they are happier because you have taken a reduced roles in their life? Hmmmmm....

No comments: